Each day at Perkerson Elementary a nutritious breakfast and lunch are served. All students are encouraged to eat healthy meals to optimize their learning and health.
- Breakfast is served daily from 7:10 until 7:55 a.m.
- Students who arrive by car, daycare bus, or walk must arrive by 7:45 a.m. to be served.
- Students who ride APS buses will be served upon arrival.
- A nutritious lunch is served daily.
- Students may purchase a school lunch or bring a lunch from home.
Please arrange for your child to have lunch/lunch money each day. Students who have no lunch or lunch money will be served an alternate meal. Milk and juice are available with lunch. Carbonated beverages such as Coca-Cola, Sprite, and Pepsi are not allowed. Food from “fast-food” restaurants such as McDonald’s, Chick-fil-A, Burger King, or Wendy’s is discouraged.
Parents are invited to eat lunch with their children. Reservations are necessary for accurate food preparation. The cost of lunch is $ 4.00 per adult. Please let your child’s teacher know the day you plan to attend lunch so that you may be included in the day’s lunch count. Also, parents are asked to register in the office and obtain a visitor’s badge before coming to the dining room. Please meet your child outside the dining room door at his/her scheduled time. Kindergarten parents are asked to wait until October to join their children for lunch.
Appropriate dining room manners and behavior are expected while at lunch and breakfast.